Requirements Installation Using iPod2PC Release Notes Registration Download Purchase
New in Version 4: Automatic synchronization with one click!
With iPod2PC you can easily sync/copy/restore your songs, playlists, videos and podcasts from your iPod back to your iTunes music library or to any folder on your PC.
It supports automatic synchronization, which will search and select all missing songs and playlists, imports them in iTunes, including your "My Rating", "Play Count" and "Last Played" information. Playlists will also be updated automatically.
If you only want to transfer individual songs or playlists there is also a "manually mode" were you can specify the songs and playlists. In manual mode you could also use the "Check missing songs" feature, which will automatically search and select all missing songs.
iPod2PC offers very fast searching and a browse mode which makes finding songs on the iPod easy.
With the sophisticated song selection method (via context menu), choosing desired groups of songs for copying is also very fast and easy.
+ Automatically sync/restores your songs, videos, playlists and podcasts to your iTunes library
+ Manual mode to select individual songs and playlists for copying or import in iTunes
+ In manual mode it is also possible to search and select all missing songs automatically
+ Transfers your "My Rating", "Play Count" and "Last played" information from the iPod songs
+ Improved interface for easy use
+ Works with all supported song types from iTunes
+ Support for Unicode
+ iPod2PC can run directly of your iPod, wherever you are... always available
+ Multiple iPod support (in "Manually mode")
+ Doesn't overwrite existing songs in your iTunes library
+ No extra runtimes for your OS needed, no VB-Runtimes, .Net-Package or Java VM needed
- Windows 7 (all Editions), Windows Vista (all Editions), Windows XP (Home/Pro), Windows 2000.
- PC-formatted iPod with enabled "Disk use"
- iTunes 6.0 or higher (when importing to iTunes)
Download iPod2PC with Setup (2,6 MB).
Download iPod2PC ZIP (2,1 MB) without Setup.
Start the Pod2PC_Setup.exe and follow the Instructions in the Installer.
Start iPod2PC from your Start menu/Programs-Folder.
Alternatively you can download iPod2PC as Zip file without Setup. Then just unzip were you like and run it.
To sync your iPod to iTunes or copy songs and playlists manually with iPod2PC do the following steps:
- Read the iPod hints, otherwise iTunes might delete your iPod!
- Connect your iPod. In iTunes make sure the iPod Options have "Enable disk use" checked. The iPod drive must be visible in the Explorer. To open the iPod Options click on the iPod in the iTunes Sourcelist, there you will find the "iPod Options".
- Start iPod2PC, switch to the "iPod2PC" tab.
- Automatic synchronize
- Switch to the "Automatic synchronize" tab, press the “Start synchronization“ button. iPod2PC will scan the first connected iPod and read the song info, then it opens iTunes, read your library and does compare which songs are missing. After copying and importing them into your library it will scan the playlists and update them, too.
- Done !
- Manually mode
- Switch to the "Manually mode" tab and click the Scan button. If you have multiple iPods connected you can choose which one you want to use, otherwise iPod2PC starts scanning for songs immediately.
- If desired use the search and/or browse feature to find songs which you want to copy. The “Check missing songs“ button will search and select all songs, which are not in your iTunes library.
- In the song list you see a column "Copy" with checkboxes. Check the checkboxes of the songs you want to copy. If you check/uncheck the library in the source list, all songs and playlists are checked/unchecked. The same goes for songs in playlists. Remember that you can also use the context menu to check easily groups of songs for copying when you right-click on a song in the list. So you can easily check/uncheck all songs which are currently in the list, or only from a specific Album, Artist or Genre.
- When you have checked all songs/playlists you want to copy press the "Copy"-Button.
- When iPod2PC has finished copying, you will be asked if you want to import the songs/playlists in iTunes. After that you have them ready to play in your iTunes music library - including your Rating, Play Counts and Date Last Played!
The unregistered trial version of iPod2PC let's you try before you buy. In unregistered mode iPod2PC skips around 50% during copying. You can buy a full licence here. If you register after trying iPod2PC you can transfer the songs that were skipped in unregistered mode.
New in Version 4.0
+ Automatic synchronization with one click!
You can easily purchase via PayPal or ShareIt, both accepts most major credit cards
or bank transfers.
Click the appropiate image below and you will be guided through the secure
Payments are accepted in several currencies, the amount in your currency
will be shown before the payment is made.
A note about copyright
This software may be used to reproduce materials. It is licensed to you only for reproduction of non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials you are authorized or legally permitted to reproduce. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, you should contact your legal advisor.
This software is distributed 'as is': no warranties are made, either
expressed or implied. Use this application entirely at your own risk!